Laurel University Welcomes a New President
Stephen M. Condon, PhD, a proven leader with a track record for academic success, enrollment growth and fundraising, comes to Laurel U from LeTourneau University in Longview, TX, where he served as VP for Enrollment Services.
Becky Condon, a professional librarian and published author, joins Steve in planning to enjoy their return to the southeast and being closer to family: two children and one granddaughter.
Prior to serving at LeTourneau, Dr. Condon was President of Tennessee Wesleyan College in Athens, TN; VP for Enrollment Management & Student Affairs/Dean of Students at Reinhardt University in Waleska, GA; VP for Student Services and Dean of Students at St. Thomas University in Miami, FL; and VP for Student Affairs and Dean of Students at Lambuth University, Jackson, TN.
His education includes
- Harvard University, Cambridge, MA (Post Doctoral Research, Institute for Educational Management)
- University of Mississippi, Oxford, MS (Doctor of Philosophy, Educational Research/Higher Education Leadership)
- University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL (Educational Specialist, Higher Education Administration Student Development/Law)
- Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL (MS in Education, Curriculum Design and Development)
- Boston State College, Boston, MA (BS in Education, Magna cum Laude, Childhood Education)
On September 3rd, Dr. Condon’s official first day, the Board of Trustees, faculty and staff welcomed the new president with a renewed desire to see the good things God has prepared for Laurel University. We thank all our friends and partners for your continued prayer and support during this time of transition. Dr. Condon’s contact information is: 336.887.4000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.