We want you to develop your leadership skills. You want to participate in your school.
The Student Government Association (SGA) lets you do both!
- It promotes understanding and cooperation between students and their faculty/staff members – actually within Laurel U as a whole.
- It helps coordinate student activities and participation.
- It represents you and gives you a forum to express yourself.
- It establishes democratic ideals and helps you get the process you deserve.
- It leads in promoting a Christian attitude in all Laurel U activities.
Every year, students elect their SGA officers, who then provide leadership in promoting the general welfare of Laurel U, recognizing student achievement in the Awards Day program and sponsoring special events and activities.
Officers include the president, vice-president, treasurer, secretary, two members-at-large, the Spiritual Life Coordinator and a designated faculty advisor.
Want to learn more? Check out the Student Handbook!