Partner with Laurel U through Giving
Thank you for prayerfully considering becoming a true partner and part of Laurel University’s vision through giving. Your generous gift results in:
- People’s lives being touched by the ministry of the students and grads we train.
- Training leaders who leave Laurel U to engage in God’s redemptive work to hurting people.
- Your satisfaction and blessing in doing your part in God’s work throughout the world.
- Annual Partner. Your commitment to a monthly gift allows you to be part of this group, knowing that you’re supporting Laurel University as a whole.
- Scholarship Partner. As a Scholarship Partner, your support goes directly to a student, to allow him or her to get training to better serve the Lord.
- International Division Partner. We try to keep our tuition low because we know that people earn less in other countries. Even so, students from other countries just need assistance. As an International Division partner, you help a student from another country who earns much less to continue his or her studies.
Ways to Give
There are several ways to give your tax deductible donation to Laurel U:
- Give Online. Coming Soon
- Give by Phone. If you have any questions about making your gift or would like to make a donation by credit card, please contact us by calling 336.887.3000.
- Give by Mail. Checks and money orders should be made payable to “Laurel University” and mailed to:
1215 Eastchester Drive
High Point, NC 27265
Marvel Johnson – A Giving Story
Years ago, Marvel & Calvin Johnson met at Asbury College, married and served God for 13 years before coming to our school. During the next 14 years, Rev. Calvin Johnson served in various capacities: professor, vice president, president and development officer. During this time, Marvel worked full time and cared for their four children. After her husband passed away in 2007, Marvel wanted “to contribute back to my community” and came to serve at Laurel U as a volunteer.
Although she is a retiree on a fixed income, Marvel gives faithfully.
A regular monthly donor, Marvel says she gives to Laurel U because she believes in:
- the sound academic training Christian leaders receive
- the purpose of the school
- and the way its grads impact the world for the Lord
She gave a large gift from the estate settlement of her brother-in-law (also a strong supporter until his death). Although she’s a retiree on a fixed income, Marvel gives faithfully. “I’ve had to cut back,” she confesses, “and it bothers me that I can’t give more.”
What do we know about Marvel? She willingly shares her time, talents and treasures – to us, a valuable Laurel U partner. We thank God when we think of her and truly honor Marvel’s giving story.